Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.48 meters/second, 1571.3 km/hour, 976.4 miles/hour or 848.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.6"||976.18 mi||West||0° 08' 11.2"||9.38 mi||North||975.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 29.1"||759.75 mi||East||2° 55' 45.5"||201.41 mi||North||781.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Abéché||Fri 3:44 PM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||W|
|Al-Fashir||Fri 5:44 PM||273 km||169 miles||147 nm||E|
|Birao||Fri 3:44 PM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||S|
|Fada||Fri 3:44 PM||400 km||249 miles||216 nm||NNW|
|Mongo||Fri 3:44 PM||484 km||300 miles||261 nm||WSW|
|Faya-Largeau||Fri 3:44 PM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||NW|
|Sarh||Fri 3:44 PM||706 km||439 miles||381 nm||SW|
|Al-Ubayyid||Fri 5:44 PM||801 km||498 miles||433 nm||E|
|Bria||Fri 3:44 PM||807 km||501 miles||436 nm||S|
|Kaga-Bandoro||Fri 3:44 PM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.