Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 3:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.27 meters/second, 1570.6 km/hour, 975.9 miles/hour or 848.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.1"||975.70 mi||West||0° 08' 07.6"||9.31 mi||North||975.46 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 40.2"||759.58 mi||East||2° 54' 13.5"||199.65 mi||North||780.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Zinder||Fri 4:34 PM||189 km||117 miles||102 nm||W|
|Kano||Fri 4:34 PM||318 km||198 miles||172 nm||SW|
|Maiduguri||Fri 4:34 PM||348 km||216 miles||188 nm||SE|
|Maradi||Fri 4:34 PM||395 km||245 miles||213 nm||W|
|Agadez||Fri 4:34 PM||450 km||280 miles||243 nm||NW|
|Zaria||Fri 4:34 PM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||SW|
|Ndjamena||Fri 4:34 PM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||ESE|
|Kaduna||Fri 4:34 PM||517 km||322 miles||279 nm||SW|
|Maroua||Fri 4:34 PM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||SE|
|Jalingo||Fri 4:34 PM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.