Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 6:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 18:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.49 meters/second, 1567.8 km/hour, 974.2 miles/hour or 846.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||North||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 47.9"||973.96 mi||West||0° 07' 54.5"||9.06 mi||North||973.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 22.4"||759.03 mi||East||2° 48' 39.2"||193.27 mi||North||778.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Fri 5:34 PM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||ENE|
|Praia||Fri 5:34 PM||1010 km||627 miles||545 nm||E|
|Dakar||Fri 6:34 PM||1663 km||1033 miles||898 nm||E|
|Banjul||Fri 6:34 PM||1762 km||1095 miles||952 nm||E|
|Nouakchott||Fri 6:34 PM||1852 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||ENE|
|Bissau||Fri 6:34 PM||1892 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||E|
|Fortaleza||Fri 3:34 PM||2089 km||1298 miles||1128 nm||SSW|
|Conakry||Fri 6:34 PM||2151 km||1337 miles||1161 nm||ESE|
|Freetown||Fri 6:34 PM||2235 km||1389 miles||1207 nm||ESE|
|Cayenne||Fri 3:34 PM||2372 km||1474 miles||1281 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.