Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 8:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 20:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.02 meters/second, 1566.1 km/hour, 973.1 miles/hour or 845.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 47.1"||972.89 mi||West||0° 07' 46.4"||8.91 mi||North||972.65 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 49.5"||758.72 mi||East||2° 45' 12.3"||189.33 mi||North||777.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Fri 4:24 PM||159 km||99 miles||86 nm||S|
|Fort-de-France||Fri 4:24 PM||170 km||106 miles||92 nm||W|
|Castries||Fri 4:24 PM||171 km||107 miles||93 nm||WSW|
|Vieux Fort||Fri 4:24 PM||181 km||113 miles||98 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Fri 4:24 PM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||WNW|
|Kingstown||Fri 4:24 PM||242 km||150 miles||130 nm||SW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Fri 4:24 PM||289 km||179 miles||156 nm||NW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Fri 4:24 PM||289 km||180 miles||156 nm||NW|
|Saint George's||Fri 4:24 PM||368 km||229 miles||199 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Fri 4:24 PM||380 km||236 miles||205 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.