Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 8:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 20:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.99 meters/second, 1566.0 km/hour, 973.0 miles/hour or 845.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 47.0"||972.84 mi||West||0° 07' 45.9"||8.90 mi||North||972.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 51.1"||758.71 mi||East||2° 45' 01.0"||189.11 mi||North||777.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fort-de-France||Fri 4:30 PM||15 km||9 miles||8 nm||WNW|
|Castries||Fri 4:30 PM||60 km||37 miles||32 nm||S|
|Vieux Fort||Fri 4:30 PM||91 km||57 miles||49 nm||S|
|Roseau||Fri 4:30 PM||95 km||59 miles||51 nm||NNW|
|Kingstown||Fri 4:30 PM||157 km||98 miles||85 nm||S|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Fri 4:30 PM||181 km||112 miles||98 nm||NNW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Fri 4:30 PM||197 km||122 miles||106 nm||NNW|
|Bridgetown||Fri 4:30 PM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||SE|
|Brades||Fri 4:30 PM||282 km||175 miles||152 nm||NNW|
|Saint George's||Fri 4:30 PM||290 km||180 miles||156 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.