Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 8:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 20:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.93 meters/second, 1565.7 km/hour, 972.9 miles/hour or 845.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 47.0"||972.70 mi||West||0° 07' 44.8"||8.88 mi||North||972.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 54.7"||758.67 mi||East||2° 44' 34.6"||188.60 mi||North||776.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Fri 4:44 PM||321 km||199 miles||173 nm||ENE|
|Roseau||Fri 4:44 PM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||ENE|
|Brades||Fri 4:44 PM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||NE|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Fri 4:44 PM||347 km||216 miles||188 nm||NNE|
|Fort-de-France||Fri 4:44 PM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||E|
|Christiansted||Fri 4:44 PM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||N|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Fri 4:44 PM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||ENE|
|Castries||Fri 4:44 PM||368 km||228 miles||198 nm||E|
|Kingstown||Fri 4:44 PM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||ESE|
|Vieux Fort||Fri 4:44 PM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.