Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 15, 2013 at 22:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 32%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 22:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.44 meters/second, 1564.0 km/hour, 971.8 miles/hour or 844.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.20 mi||west||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||north||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.1"||971.67 mi||west||0° 07' 36.3"||8.72 mi||north||971.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 23.7"||758.42 mi||east||2° 40' 59.5"||184.51 mi||north||775.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quetzaltenango||Fri 4:36 PM||25 km||16 miles||14 nm||E|
|Escuintla||Fri 4:36 PM||117 km||73 miles||63 nm||ESE|
|Guatemala||Fri 4:36 PM||131 km||81 miles||71 nm||E|
|San Cristobal de las Casas||Fri 4:36 PM||233 km||145 miles||126 nm||NNW|
|Santa Ana||Fri 4:36 PM||252 km||157 miles||136 nm||ESE|
|Tuxtla Gutierrez||Fri 4:36 PM||260 km||161 miles||140 nm||NW|
|San Salvador||Fri 4:36 PM||301 km||187 miles||162 nm||ESE|
|Punta Gorda||Fri 4:36 PM||344 km||214 miles||186 nm||ENE|
|San Miguel||Fri 4:36 PM||412 km||256 miles||222 nm||ESE|
|Belmopan||Fri 4:36 PM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.