Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 10:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 32%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 22:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.45 meters/second, 1564.0 km/hour, 971.8 miles/hour or 844.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||North||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.1"||971.62 mi||West||0° 07' 36.5"||8.72 mi||North||971.37 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 23.3"||758.37 mi||East||2° 41' 01.7"||184.54 mi||North||775.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quetzaltenango||Fri 4:36 PM||4 km||3 miles||2 nm||WNW|
|Escuintla||Fri 4:36 PM||93 km||58 miles||50 nm||SE|
|Guatemala||Fri 4:36 PM||102 km||64 miles||55 nm||ESE|
|Santa Ana||Fri 4:36 PM||225 km||140 miles||122 nm||ESE|
|San Cristobal de las Casas||Fri 4:36 PM||247 km||153 miles||133 nm||NNW|
|San Salvador||Fri 4:36 PM||274 km||170 miles||148 nm||ESE|
|Tuxtla Gutierrez||Fri 4:36 PM||278 km||173 miles||150 nm||NW|
|Punta Gorda||Fri 4:36 PM||318 km||198 miles||172 nm||ENE|
|San Miguel||Fri 4:36 PM||384 km||239 miles||208 nm||ESE|
|Choloma||Fri 4:36 PM||387 km||241 miles||209 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.