Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 11:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 32%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 23:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.20 meters/second, 1563.1 km/hour, 971.3 miles/hour or 844.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.19 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.19 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.6"||971.05 mi||West||0° 07' 32.0"||8.64 mi||North||970.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 38.6"||758.22 mi||East||2° 39' 10.8"||182.43 mi||North||775.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Colima||Fri 5:34 PM||512 km||318 miles||277 nm||NNE|
|Puerto Vallarta||Fri 5:34 PM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||N|
|Acapulco||Fri 5:34 PM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||ENE|
|Guadalajara||Fri 5:34 PM||673 km||418 miles||364 nm||NNE|
|Leon||Fri 5:34 PM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||NNE|
|Aguascalientes||Fri 5:34 PM||836 km||519 miles||451 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Fri 5:34 PM||840 km||522 miles||453 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan||Fri 4:34 PM||921 km||572 miles||497 nm||N|
|San Luis Potosi||Fri 5:34 PM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||NNE|
|Oaxaca||Fri 5:34 PM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.