Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 11:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 32%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 23:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.19 meters/second, 1563.1 km/hour, 971.3 miles/hour or 844.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.19 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.19 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.6"||971.04 mi||West||0° 07' 32.0"||8.63 mi||North||970.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 39.0"||758.22 mi||East||2° 39' 07.0"||182.35 mi||North||775.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Colima||Fri 5:36 PM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||NNE|
|Puerto Vallarta||Fri 5:36 PM||632 km||392 miles||341 nm||N|
|Acapulco||Fri 5:36 PM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||ENE|
|Guadalajara||Fri 5:36 PM||692 km||430 miles||374 nm||NNE|
|Leon||Fri 5:36 PM||825 km||512 miles||445 nm||NNE|
|Aguascalientes||Fri 5:36 PM||858 km||533 miles||463 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Fri 5:36 PM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan||Fri 4:36 PM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||N|
|San Luis Potosi||Fri 5:36 PM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||NNE|
|Oaxaca||Fri 5:36 PM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.