Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 11:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 23:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.15 meters/second, 1562.9 km/hour, 971.2 miles/hour or 843.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.19 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.19 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.5"||970.94 mi||West||0° 07' 31.1"||8.62 mi||North||970.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 41.7"||758.19 mi||East||2° 38' 47.7"||181.99 mi||North||774.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Vallarta||Fri 5:46 PM||709 km||441 miles||383 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Fri 5:46 PM||828 km||514 miles||447 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan||Fri 4:46 PM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco||Fri 5:46 PM||938 km||583 miles||506 nm||ENE|
|Leon||Fri 5:46 PM||985 km||612 miles||532 nm||NE|
|Aguascalientes||Fri 5:46 PM||1001 km||622 miles||541 nm||NE|
|Mexico City||Fri 5:46 PM||1103 km||685 miles||596 nm||ENE|
|San Luis Potosi||Fri 5:46 PM||1117 km||694 miles||603 nm||NE|
|Veracruz||Fri 5:46 PM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 4:46 PM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.