Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 11:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 23:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.11 meters/second, 1562.8 km/hour, 971.1 miles/hour or 843.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.4"||970.86 mi||West||0° 07' 30.6"||8.61 mi||North||970.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 43.8"||758.17 mi||East||2° 38' 32.3"||181.69 mi||North||774.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Vallarta||Fri 5:54 PM||825 km||513 miles||446 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara||Fri 5:54 PM||972 km||604 miles||525 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan||Fri 4:54 PM||1001 km||622 miles||540 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco||Fri 5:54 PM||1140 km||709 miles||616 nm||ENE|
|Leon||Fri 5:54 PM||1141 km||709 miles||616 nm||NE|
|Aguascalientes||Fri 5:54 PM||1142 km||710 miles||617 nm||NE|
|San Luis Potosi||Fri 5:54 PM||1267 km||788 miles||684 nm||NE|
|Mexico City||Fri 5:54 PM||1290 km||801 miles||696 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 4:54 PM||1563 km||971 miles||844 nm||N|
|Veracruz||Fri 5:54 PM||1582 km||983 miles||854 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.