Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.94 meters/second, 1562.2 km/hour, 970.7 miles/hour or 843.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.0"||970.47 mi||West||0° 07' 27.6"||8.55 mi||North||970.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 54.5"||758.08 mi||East||2° 37' 15.4"||180.23 mi||North||774.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan||Fri 5:34 PM||1691 km||1051 miles||913 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 5:34 PM||1809 km||1124 miles||977 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Fri 6:34 PM||1872 km||1163 miles||1011 nm||ENE|
|Tijuana||Fri 4:34 PM||1958 km||1217 miles||1057 nm||N|
|San Diego||Fri 4:34 PM||1976 km||1228 miles||1067 nm||N|
|Mexicali||Fri 4:34 PM||2001 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||NNE|
|Aguascalientes||Fri 6:34 PM||2016 km||1253 miles||1089 nm||ENE|
|Los Angeles||Fri 4:34 PM||2110 km||1311 miles||1139 nm||N|
|Acapulco||Fri 6:34 PM||2160 km||1342 miles||1166 nm||E|
|Phoenix||Fri 5:34 PM||2188 km||1360 miles||1182 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.