Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 12:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 00:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.93 meters/second, 1562.2 km/hour, 970.7 miles/hour or 843.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.0"||970.46 mi||West||0° 07' 27.5"||8.55 mi||North||970.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 55.1"||758.07 mi||East||2° 37' 11.6"||180.15 mi||North||774.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan||Fri 5:36 PM||1734 km||1078 miles||936 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 5:36 PM||1837 km||1141 miles||992 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Fri 6:36 PM||1921 km||1193 miles||1037 nm||ENE|
|Tijuana||Fri 4:36 PM||1965 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||N|
|San Diego||Fri 4:36 PM||1984 km||1233 miles||1071 nm||N|
|Mexicali||Fri 4:36 PM||2012 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||NNE|
|Aguascalientes||Fri 6:36 PM||2065 km||1283 miles||1115 nm||ENE|
|Los Angeles||Fri 4:36 PM||2114 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||N|
|Phoenix||Fri 5:36 PM||2206 km||1371 miles||1191 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco||Fri 6:36 PM||2218 km||1378 miles||1198 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.