Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 12:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 00:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.89 meters/second, 1562.0 km/hour, 970.6 miles/hour or 843.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.9"||970.36 mi||West||0° 07' 26.7"||8.53 mi||North||970.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 57.8"||758.05 mi||East||2° 36' 52.3"||179.78 mi||North||774.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan||Fri 5:46 PM||1955 km||1215 miles||1055 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 5:46 PM||1979 km||1230 miles||1069 nm||NE|
|Tijuana||Fri 4:46 PM||2021 km||1256 miles||1092 nm||NNE|
|San Diego||Fri 4:46 PM||2038 km||1266 miles||1100 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali||Fri 4:46 PM||2086 km||1296 miles||1126 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Fri 4:46 PM||2152 km||1337 miles||1162 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Fri 6:46 PM||2164 km||1345 miles||1168 nm||ENE|
|Aguascalientes||Fri 6:46 PM||2303 km||1431 miles||1244 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Fri 5:46 PM||2309 km||1435 miles||1247 nm||NNE|
|Las Vegas||Fri 4:46 PM||2456 km||1526 miles||1326 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.