Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 12:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 00:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.84 meters/second, 1561.8 km/hour, 970.5 miles/hour or 843.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.17 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.8"||970.26 mi||West||0° 07' 25.9"||8.52 mi||North||970.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 00.5"||758.02 mi||East||2° 36' 33.0"||179.42 mi||North||774.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Fri 4:56 PM||2105 km||1308 miles||1137 nm||NNE|
|San Diego||Fri 4:56 PM||2119 km||1317 miles||1144 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 5:56 PM||2141 km||1331 miles||1156 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan||Fri 5:56 PM||2182 km||1356 miles||1178 nm||ENE|
|Mexicali||Fri 4:56 PM||2185 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Fri 4:56 PM||2216 km||1377 miles||1196 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Fri 6:56 PM||2410 km||1497 miles||1301 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Fri 5:56 PM||2433 km||1512 miles||1314 nm||NNE|
|San Jose (USA)||Fri 4:56 PM||2486 km||1545 miles||1342 nm||N|
|San Francisco||Fri 4:56 PM||2528 km||1571 miles||1365 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.