Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 1:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 01:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.72 meters/second, 1561.4 km/hour, 970.2 miles/hour or 843.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.17 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||North||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.5"||969.97 mi||West||0° 07' 23.5"||8.47 mi||North||969.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 08.6"||757.95 mi||East||2° 35' 35.1"||178.31 mi||North||773.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Fri 5:26 PM||2487 km||1545 miles||1343 nm||NE|
|San Diego||Fri 5:26 PM||2494 km||1550 miles||1347 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Fri 5:26 PM||2541 km||1579 miles||1372 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali||Fri 5:26 PM||2600 km||1615 miles||1404 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Fri 5:26 PM||2699 km||1677 miles||1457 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 6:26 PM||2706 km||1682 miles||1461 nm||NE|
|Honolulu||Fri 3:26 PM||2749 km||1708 miles||1485 nm||WNW|
|Phoenix||Fri 6:26 PM||2895 km||1799 miles||1563 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas||Fri 5:26 PM||2899 km||1801 miles||1565 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:26 PM||3087 km||1918 miles||1667 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.