Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.42 meters/second, 1560.3 km/hour, 969.5 miles/hour or 842.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.16 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.8"||969.32 mi||West||0° 07' 18.3"||8.37 mi||North||969.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 27.2"||757.80 mi||East||2° 33' 23.4"||175.80 mi||North||773.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 4:34 PM||1139 km||708 miles||615 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:34 PM||1741 km||1082 miles||940 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Fri 3:34 PM||3243 km||2015 miles||1751 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Fri 2:34 PM||3444 km||2140 miles||1860 nm||WSW|
|San Francisco||Fri 6:34 PM||3616 km||2247 miles||1952 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Fri 4:34 PM||3634 km||2258 miles||1962 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:34 PM||3660 km||2274 miles||1976 nm||SW|
|Los Angeles||Fri 6:34 PM||3723 km||2314 miles||2010 nm||NE|
|Apia *||Sat 4:34 PM||4078 km||2534 miles||2202 nm||SW|
|Las Vegas||Fri 6:34 PM||4078 km||2534 miles||2202 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.