Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 2:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 02:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.42 meters/second, 1560.3 km/hour, 969.5 miles/hour or 842.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.16 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.8"||969.30 mi||West||0° 07' 18.2"||8.37 mi||North||969.05 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 27.7"||757.79 mi||East||2° 33' 19.4"||175.72 mi||North||773.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 4:36 PM||1097 km||682 miles||593 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:36 PM||1715 km||1065 miles||926 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Fri 3:36 PM||3198 km||1987 miles||1727 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Fri 2:36 PM||3398 km||2111 miles||1835 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:36 PM||3625 km||2253 miles||1957 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Fri 4:36 PM||3634 km||2258 miles||1962 nm||S|
|San Francisco||Fri 6:36 PM||3650 km||2268 miles||1971 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Fri 6:36 PM||3763 km||2338 miles||2032 nm||NE|
|Apia *||Sat 4:36 PM||4046 km||2514 miles||2184 nm||SW|
|Las Vegas||Fri 6:36 PM||4117 km||2558 miles||2223 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.