Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 5:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 05:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.61 meters/second, 1557.4 km/hour, 967.7 miles/hour or 840.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.13 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||North||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 42.1"||967.50 mi||West||0° 07' 03.7"||8.09 mi||North||967.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 20.5"||757.39 mi||East||2° 27' 11.7"||168.70 mi||North||771.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sat 5:44 PM||438 km||272 miles||237 nm||NNE|
|Kwajalein||Sat 5:44 PM||830 km||516 miles||448 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Sat 5:44 PM||1186 km||737 miles||640 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Sat 4:44 PM||1217 km||757 miles||657 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Sat 5:44 PM||1810 km||1125 miles||977 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sat 5:44 PM||1813 km||1126 miles||979 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Sat 3:44 PM||2184 km||1357 miles||1179 nm||W|
|Midway||Fri 6:44 PM||2291 km||1424 miles||1237 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Fri 5:44 PM||2670 km||1659 miles||1442 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Sat 4:44 PM||2832 km||1760 miles||1529 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.