Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 6:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 06:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.43 meters/second, 1556.8 km/hour, 967.3 miles/hour or 840.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.12 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 41.6"||967.10 mi||West||0° 07' 00.4"||8.03 mi||North||966.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 32.6"||757.30 mi||East||2° 25' 48.9"||167.12 mi||North||770.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 4:26 PM||965 km||600 miles||521 nm||W|
|Palikir||Sat 5:26 PM||1050 km||652 miles||567 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Sat 4:26 PM||1104 km||686 miles||596 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Sat 6:26 PM||1323 km||822 miles||715 nm||ENE|
|Majuro||Sat 6:26 PM||2033 km||1263 miles||1098 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Sat 6:26 PM||2248 km||1397 miles||1214 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Sat 3:26 PM||2373 km||1475 miles||1282 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Sat 3:26 PM||2547 km||1583 miles||1375 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Sat 6:26 PM||2559 km||1590 miles||1382 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Sat 3:26 PM||2646 km||1644 miles||1429 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.