Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 06:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 06:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.43 meters/second, 1556.7 km/hour, 967.3 miles/hour or 840.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.12 mi||west||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||north||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 41.6"||967.09 mi||west||0° 07' 00.3"||8.03 mi||north||966.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 32.9"||757.30 mi||east||2° 25' 46.6"||167.08 mi||north||770.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 4:26 PM||936 km||582 miles||506 nm||W|
|Palikir||Sat 5:26 PM||1061 km||659 miles||573 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Sat 4:26 PM||1076 km||669 miles||581 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Sat 6:26 PM||1351 km||839 miles||729 nm||ENE|
|Majuro||Sat 6:26 PM||2059 km||1280 miles||1112 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Sat 6:26 PM||2266 km||1408 miles||1223 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Sat 3:26 PM||2346 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Sat 3:26 PM||2529 km||1572 miles||1366 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Sat 6:26 PM||2582 km||1604 miles||1394 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Sat 3:26 PM||2631 km||1635 miles||1420 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.