Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 6:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 06:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.40 meters/second, 1556.6 km/hour, 967.3 miles/hour or 840.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.12 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 41.5"||967.02 mi||West||0° 06' 59.7"||8.02 mi||North||966.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 34.9"||757.29 mi||East||2° 25' 33.1"||166.82 mi||North||770.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 4:34 PM||758 km||471 miles||409 nm||W|
|Hagåtña||Sat 4:34 PM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Sat 5:34 PM||1143 km||710 miles||617 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Sat 6:34 PM||1520 km||945 miles||821 nm||ENE|
|Melekeok||Sat 3:34 PM||2181 km||1355 miles||1178 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sat 6:34 PM||2243 km||1394 miles||1211 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Sat 6:34 PM||2383 km||1481 miles||1287 nm||SE|
|Jayapura||Sat 3:34 PM||2425 km||1507 miles||1310 nm||SW|
|Yokohama||Sat 3:34 PM||2545 km||1581 miles||1374 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sat 3:34 PM||2560 km||1591 miles||1382 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.