Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 6:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 06:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.39 meters/second, 1556.6 km/hour, 967.2 miles/hour or 840.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.12 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 41.5"||967.00 mi||West||0° 06' 59.6"||8.02 mi||North||966.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 35.4"||757.28 mi||East||2° 25' 29.2"||166.74 mi||North||770.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 4:36 PM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||W|
|Hagåtña||Sat 4:36 PM||853 km||530 miles||461 nm||WSW|
|Weno||Sat 4:36 PM||925 km||575 miles||499 nm||S|
|Palikir||Sat 5:36 PM||1172 km||728 miles||633 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Sat 6:36 PM||1570 km||976 miles||848 nm||ENE|
|Melekeok||Sat 3:36 PM||2134 km||1326 miles||1152 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sat 6:36 PM||2291 km||1424 miles||1237 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Sat 3:36 PM||2397 km||1489 miles||1294 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sat 6:36 PM||2419 km||1503 miles||1306 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Sat 3:36 PM||2520 km||1566 miles||1361 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.