Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 06:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 06:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.35 meters/second, 1556.5 km/hour, 967.1 miles/hour or 840.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.12 mi||west||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||north||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 41.4"||966.91 mi||west||0° 06' 58.8"||8.00 mi||north||966.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 38.3"||757.27 mi||east||2° 25' 09.4"||166.37 mi||north||770.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 4:46 PM||449 km||279 miles||242 nm||W|
|Hagåtña||Sat 4:46 PM||611 km||379 miles||330 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Sat 5:46 PM||1336 km||830 miles||721 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Sat 6:46 PM||1820 km||1131 miles||983 nm||ENE|
|Melekeok||Sat 3:46 PM||1900 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Sat 3:46 PM||2268 km||1409 miles||1225 nm||SSW|
|Yokohama||Sat 3:46 PM||2402 km||1492 miles||1297 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sat 3:46 PM||2424 km||1506 miles||1309 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sat 3:46 PM||2504 km||1556 miles||1352 nm||NNW|
|Majuro||Sat 6:46 PM||2513 km||1561 miles||1357 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.