Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 6:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 06:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.35 meters/second, 1556.5 km/hour, 967.1 miles/hour or 840.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.12 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 41.4"||966.91 mi||West||0° 06' 58.8"||8.00 mi||North||966.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 38.3"||757.27 mi||East||2° 25' 09.4"||166.37 mi||North||770.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 4:46 PM||449 km||279 miles||242 nm||W|
|Hagåtña||Sat 4:46 PM||611 km||379 miles||330 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Sat 5:46 PM||1336 km||830 miles||721 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Sat 6:46 PM||1820 km||1131 miles||983 nm||ENE|
|Melekeok||Sat 3:46 PM||1900 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Sat 3:46 PM||2268 km||1409 miles||1225 nm||SSW|
|Yokohama||Sat 3:46 PM||2406 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sat 3:46 PM||2424 km||1506 miles||1309 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sat 3:46 PM||2504 km||1556 miles||1352 nm||NNW|
|Majuro||Sat 6:46 PM||2534 km||1574 miles||1368 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.