Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 8:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 08:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.94 meters/second, 1555.0 km/hour, 966.2 miles/hour or 839.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 06.8"||0.13 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 40.3"||965.98 mi||West||0° 06' 51.1"||7.85 mi||North||965.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 06.8"||757.08 mi||East||2° 21' 54.9"||162.65 mi||North||769.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quezon||Sat 4:24 PM||566 km||352 miles||306 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Sat 4:24 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||WSW|
|Tarlac City||Sat 4:24 PM||599 km||372 miles||324 nm||W|
|Mabalacat||Sat 4:24 PM||605 km||376 miles||326 nm||W|
|Angeles||Sat 4:24 PM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||W|
|Olongapo||Sat 4:24 PM||644 km||400 miles||347 nm||W|
|Cebu City||Sat 4:24 PM||677 km||420 miles||365 nm||SSW|
|Kaohsiung||Sat 4:24 PM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||NW|
|Davao||Sat 4:24 PM||990 km||615 miles||535 nm||S|
|General Santos||Sat 4:24 PM||1100 km||684 miles||594 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.