Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 11:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 37%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 11:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.10 meters/second, 1552.0 km/hour, 964.3 miles/hour or 838.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.2"||964.10 mi||West||0° 06' 35.2"||7.55 mi||North||963.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 06.1"||756.74 mi||East||2° 15' 14.2"||155.01 mi||North||767.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Raichur||Sat 5:14 PM||45 km||28 miles||24 nm||WSW|
|Mahbubnagar||Sat 5:14 PM||49 km||30 miles||26 nm||NE|
|Kurnool||Sat 5:14 PM||70 km||43 miles||38 nm||SSE|
|Srisailam||Sat 5:14 PM||126 km||79 miles||68 nm||ESE|
|Hyderabad||Sat 5:14 PM||132 km||82 miles||71 nm||NE|
|Nalgonda||Sat 5:14 PM||180 km||112 miles||97 nm||ENE|
|Anantapur||Sat 5:14 PM||189 km||117 miles||102 nm||S|
|Medak||Sat 5:14 PM||192 km||119 miles||104 nm||NNE|
|Vijapura||Sat 5:14 PM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||WNW|
|Nizamabad||Sat 5:14 PM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.