Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 1:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 13:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 430.65 meters/second, 1550.3 kilometres/hour, 963.3 miles/hour or 837.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.06 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||North||16.06 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.8"||963.08 mi||West||0° 06' 26.3"||7.38 mi||North||962.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 39.2"||756.56 mi||East||2° 11' 31.7"||150.76 mi||North||767.03 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Al Mukalla||Sat 4:34 PM||310 km||193 miles||167 nm||SW|
|Salalah||Sat 5:34 PM||323 km||201 miles||174 nm||E|
|Hadibu||Sat 4:34 PM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||SE|
|Bosaso||Sat 4:34 PM||622 km||387 miles||336 nm||SSW|
|Sana||Sat 4:34 PM||749 km||466 miles||405 nm||W|
|Aden||Sat 4:34 PM||777 km||483 miles||419 nm||WSW|
|Ta'izz||Sat 4:34 PM||831 km||517 miles||449 nm||WSW|
|Al Hudaydah||Sat 4:34 PM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||WSW|
|Abu Dhabi||Sat 5:34 PM||938 km||583 miles||506 nm||NNE|
|Doha||Sat 4:34 PM||964 km||599 miles||521 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.