Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 430.40 meters/second, 1549.4 kilometres/hour, 962.8 miles/hour or 836.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.05 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||North||16.05 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.2"||962.53 mi||West||0° 06' 21.4"||7.29 mi||North||962.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 57.2"||756.48 mi||East||2° 09' 29.6"||148.43 mi||North||766.53 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kassala||Sat 5:34 PM||139 km||86 miles||75 nm||S|
|Teseney||Sat 5:34 PM||175 km||109 miles||95 nm||S|
|Nakfa||Sat 5:34 PM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||E|
|Keren||Sat 5:34 PM||225 km||140 miles||122 nm||ESE|
|Asmara||Sat 5:34 PM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||ESE|
|Mendefera||Sat 5:34 PM||313 km||194 miles||169 nm||SE|
|Port Sudan||Sat 5:34 PM||331 km||206 miles||179 nm||NNE|
|Khartoum||Sat 5:34 PM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||WSW|
|Gondar||Sat 5:34 PM||462 km||287 miles||250 nm||SSE|
|Mek'ele||Sat 5:34 PM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.