Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 8:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 20:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.02 meters/second, 1544.5 km/hour, 959.7 miles/hour or 833.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.99 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 32.0"||959.42 mi||West||0° 05' 53.0"||6.75 mi||North||959.19 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 43.0"||756.04 mi||East||1° 57' 37.6"||134.83 mi||North||763.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Sat 4:20 PM||1412 km||877 miles||762 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Sat 5:20 PM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||SSW|
|Fort-de-France||Sat 4:20 PM||1514 km||941 miles||818 nm||W|
|Castries||Sat 4:20 PM||1522 km||946 miles||822 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sat 4:20 PM||1532 km||952 miles||827 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Sat 5:20 PM||1537 km||955 miles||830 nm||SW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sat 4:20 PM||1557 km||967 miles||841 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sat 4:20 PM||1558 km||968 miles||841 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Sat 4:20 PM||1574 km||978 miles||850 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sat 4:20 PM||1650 km||1025 miles||891 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.