Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 8:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 20:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.98 meters/second, 1544.3 km/hour, 959.6 miles/hour or 833.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.99 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.9"||959.34 mi||West||0° 05' 52.3"||6.73 mi||North||959.10 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 46.1"||756.03 mi||East||1° 57' 16.8"||134.43 mi||North||763.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Sat 4:30 PM||1170 km||727 miles||632 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Sat 4:30 PM||1262 km||784 miles||681 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sat 4:30 PM||1272 km||790 miles||687 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sat 4:30 PM||1277 km||793 miles||689 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sat 4:30 PM||1300 km||808 miles||702 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sat 4:30 PM||1300 km||808 miles||702 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Sat 4:30 PM||1328 km||825 miles||717 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sat 4:30 PM||1393 km||865 miles||752 nm||W|
|Cayenne||Sat 5:30 PM||1400 km||870 miles||756 nm||SSW|
|Paramaribo||Sat 5:30 PM||1406 km||874 miles||759 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.