Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 8:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.96 meters/second, 1544.3 km/hour, 959.6 miles/hour or 833.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.99 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.9"||959.30 mi||West||0° 05' 51.9"||6.72 mi||North||959.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 47.4"||756.02 mi||East||1° 57' 08.5"||134.28 mi||North||763.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Sat 4:34 PM||1076 km||669 miles||581 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Sat 4:34 PM||1161 km||722 miles||627 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sat 4:34 PM||1173 km||729 miles||634 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sat 4:34 PM||1175 km||730 miles||635 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sat 4:34 PM||1197 km||744 miles||647 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sat 4:34 PM||1197 km||744 miles||647 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Sat 4:34 PM||1231 km||765 miles||665 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sat 4:34 PM||1290 km||801 miles||696 nm||W|
|Saint George's||Sat 4:34 PM||1335 km||830 miles||721 nm||WSW|
|Paramaribo||Sat 5:34 PM||1365 km||848 miles||737 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.