Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 8:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 20:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 428.94 meters/second, 1544.2 kilometres/hour, 959.5 miles/hour or 833.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.99 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.7"||959.25 mi||West||0° 05' 51.4"||6.71 mi||North||959.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 49.3"||756.02 mi||East||1° 56' 55.9"||134.04 mi||North||763.72 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Sat 4:40 PM||938 km||583 miles||507 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Sat 4:40 PM||1012 km||629 miles||547 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Sat 4:40 PM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||W|
|Roseau||Sat 4:40 PM||1024 km||636 miles||553 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sat 4:40 PM||1027 km||638 miles||554 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sat 4:40 PM||1043 km||648 miles||563 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sat 4:40 PM||1044 km||649 miles||564 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Sat 4:40 PM||1089 km||677 miles||588 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sat 4:40 PM||1136 km||706 miles||613 nm||W|
|Saint George's||Sat 4:40 PM||1197 km||744 miles||646 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.