Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 11:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 23:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.23 meters/second, 1541.6 km/hour, 957.9 miles/hour or 832.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 29.4"||957.65 mi||West||0° 05' 36.0"||6.42 mi||North||957.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 45.7"||755.83 mi||East||1° 50' 31.3"||126.69 mi||North||762.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Oaxaca||Sat 5:44 PM||62 km||39 miles||34 nm||SSW|
|Veracruz||Sat 5:44 PM||182 km||113 miles||98 nm||NNE|
|Santa María Huatulco||Sat 5:44 PM||199 km||124 miles||108 nm||S|
|Puebla||Sat 5:44 PM||233 km||145 miles||126 nm||NW|
|Cuernavaca||Sat 5:44 PM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||WNW|
|Mexico City||Sat 5:44 PM||336 km||209 miles||181 nm||NW|
|Acapulco||Sat 5:44 PM||360 km||224 miles||194 nm||WSW|
|Tuxtla Gutierrez||Sat 5:44 PM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||ESE|
|Querétaro||Sat 5:44 PM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||NW|
|Leon||Sat 5:44 PM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.