Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 12:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 00:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.07 meters/second, 1541.0 km/hour, 957.6 miles/hour or 832.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 28.8"||957.30 mi||West||0° 05' 32.5"||6.35 mi||North||957.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 58.6"||755.79 mi||East||1° 49' 03.1"||125.01 mi||North||762.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Vallarta||Sat 6:26 PM||361 km||225 miles||195 nm||NNE|
|Colima||Sat 6:26 PM||364 km||226 miles||196 nm||ENE|
|Tepic||Sat 5:26 PM||466 km||290 miles||252 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Sat 6:26 PM||487 km||303 miles||263 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan||Sat 5:26 PM||614 km||382 miles||332 nm||N|
|Leon||Sat 6:26 PM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||NE|
|Aguascalientes||Sat 6:26 PM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||NE|
|Acapulco||Sat 6:26 PM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||E|
|San Luis Potosi||Sat 6:26 PM||781 km||486 miles||422 nm||NE|
|Mexico City||Sat 6:26 PM||827 km||514 miles||447 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.