Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 12:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 00:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.99 meters/second, 1540.8 km/hour, 957.4 miles/hour or 832.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 28.7"||957.13 mi||West||0° 05' 30.8"||6.32 mi||North||956.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 04.7"||755.77 mi||East||1° 48' 21.0"||124.20 mi||North||762.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Vallarta||Sat 6:46 PM||742 km||461 miles||400 nm||ENE|
|Mazatlan||Sat 5:46 PM||814 km||506 miles||440 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara||Sat 6:46 PM||926 km||576 miles||500 nm||ENE|
|Aguascalientes||Sat 6:46 PM||1078 km||670 miles||582 nm||ENE|
|Leon||Sat 6:46 PM||1107 km||688 miles||598 nm||ENE|
|San Luis Potosi||Sat 6:46 PM||1215 km||755 miles||656 nm||ENE|
|Acapulco||Sat 6:46 PM||1249 km||776 miles||674 nm||E|
|Hermosillo||Sat 5:46 PM||1262 km||784 miles||681 nm||N|
|Mexico City||Sat 6:46 PM||1329 km||826 miles||717 nm||E|
|Chihuahua||Sat 5:46 PM||1336 km||830 miles||722 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.