Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 1:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 43%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 01:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.81 meters/second, 1540.1 km/hour, 957.0 miles/hour or 831.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.95 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.10 mi||North||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 28.0"||956.71 mi||West||0° 05' 26.6"||6.24 mi||North||956.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 19.8"||755.73 mi||East||1° 46' 35.4"||122.19 mi||North||761.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Sat 5:36 PM||1765 km||1096 miles||953 nm||NNE|
|San Diego||Sat 5:36 PM||1779 km||1105 miles||961 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Sat 6:36 PM||1803 km||1120 miles||974 nm||NE|
|Mexicali||Sat 5:36 PM||1842 km||1144 miles||994 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Sat 5:36 PM||1882 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||NNE|
|Mazatlan||Sat 6:36 PM||1898 km||1180 miles||1025 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Sat 6:36 PM||2088 km||1297 miles||1127 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Sat 7:36 PM||2162 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||ENE|
|San Jose (USA)||Sat 5:36 PM||2174 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||N|
|Las Vegas||Sat 5:36 PM||2200 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.