Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 07:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 07:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.52 meters/second, 1535.5 km/hour, 954.1 miles/hour or 829.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.90 mi||west||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||north||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 23.4"||953.89 mi||west||0° 04' 56.1"||5.66 mi||north||953.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 06.9"||755.53 mi||east||1° 33' 59.2"||107.75 mi||north||759.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 5:30 PM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Sun 5:30 PM||802 km||498 miles||433 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sun 6:30 PM||1519 km||944 miles||820 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Sun 7:30 PM||1722 km||1070 miles||930 nm||E|
|Melekeok||Sun 4:30 PM||2080 km||1293 miles||1123 nm||WSW|
|Yokohama||Sun 4:30 PM||2173 km||1350 miles||1173 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sun 4:30 PM||2194 km||1363 miles||1185 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sun 4:30 PM||2293 km||1425 miles||1238 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Sun 4:30 PM||2334 km||1450 miles||1260 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Sun 4:30 PM||2346 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.