Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 08:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 08:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.31 meters/second, 1534.7 km/hour, 953.6 miles/hour or 828.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.89 mi||west||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||north||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.6"||953.36 mi||west||0° 04' 50.9"||5.56 mi||north||953.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 24.8"||755.44 mi||east||1° 31' 50.1"||105.28 mi||north||759.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Sun 6:30 PM||1100 km||683 miles||594 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Sun 5:30 PM||1211 km||753 miles||654 nm||S|
|Quezon||Sun 4:30 PM||1627 km||1011 miles||878 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Sun 4:30 PM||1635 km||1016 miles||883 nm||WSW|
|Taipei||Sun 4:30 PM||1652 km||1027 miles||892 nm||WNW|
|Davao||Sun 4:30 PM||1670 km||1038 miles||902 nm||SW|
|Kumamoto||Sun 5:30 PM||1677 km||1042 miles||906 nm||NNW|
|Fukuoka||Sun 5:30 PM||1777 km||1104 miles||959 nm||NNW|
|General Santos||Sun 4:30 PM||1783 km||1108 miles||963 nm||SW|
|Kitakyushu||Sun 5:30 PM||1786 km||1110 miles||964 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.