Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.30 meters/second, 1534.7 km/hour, 953.6 miles/hour or 828.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||North||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.6"||953.33 mi||West||0° 04' 50.7"||5.55 mi||North||953.13 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 25.7"||755.44 mi||East||1° 31' 44.0"||105.16 mi||North||759.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Sun 6:34 PM||1165 km||724 miles||629 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Sun 5:34 PM||1206 km||749 miles||651 nm||S|
|Quezon||Sun 4:34 PM||1555 km||966 miles||840 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Sun 4:34 PM||1567 km||973 miles||846 nm||WSW|
|Taipei||Sun 4:34 PM||1588 km||987 miles||857 nm||WNW|
|Davao||Sun 4:34 PM||1622 km||1008 miles||876 nm||SW|
|Kumamoto||Sun 5:34 PM||1657 km||1029 miles||895 nm||NNW|
|General Santos||Sun 4:34 PM||1735 km||1078 miles||937 nm||SW|
|Fukuoka||Sun 5:34 PM||1749 km||1087 miles||944 nm||NNW|
|Kitakyushu||Sun 5:34 PM||1768 km||1098 miles||954 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.