Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 08:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.28 meters/second, 1534.6 km/hour, 953.6 miles/hour or 828.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||North||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.6"||953.29 mi||West||0° 04' 50.1"||5.54 mi||North||953.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 27.3"||755.44 mi||East||1° 31' 30.9"||104.91 mi||North||759.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Sun 5:40 PM||1210 km||752 miles||653 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sun 6:40 PM||1305 km||811 miles||705 nm||ESE|
|Quezon||Sun 4:40 PM||1406 km||874 miles||759 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Sun 4:40 PM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||WSW|
|Taipei||Sun 4:40 PM||1457 km||905 miles||786 nm||WNW|
|Davao||Sun 4:40 PM||1527 km||949 miles||825 nm||SW|
|Kumamoto||Sun 5:40 PM||1623 km||1009 miles||876 nm||N|
|General Santos||Sun 4:40 PM||1642 km||1020 miles||887 nm||SW|
|Fukuoka||Sun 5:40 PM||1715 km||1065 miles||926 nm||N|
|Kitakyushu||Sun 5:40 PM||1737 km||1080 miles||938 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.