Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 9:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 09:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.11 meters/second, 1534.0 km/hour, 953.2 miles/hour or 828.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||North||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.9"||952.90 mi||West||0° 04' 45.7"||5.46 mi||North||952.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 42.0"||755.41 mi||East||1° 29' 43.3"||102.85 mi||North||759.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baguio City||Sun 5:30 PM||249 km||155 miles||134 nm||SSW|
|Tarlac City||Sun 5:30 PM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||SSW|
|Mabalacat||Sun 5:30 PM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||SSW|
|Angeles||Sun 5:30 PM||382 km||238 miles||206 nm||SSW|
|Quezon||Sun 5:30 PM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||S|
|Olongapo||Sun 5:30 PM||424 km||263 miles||229 nm||SSW|
|Manila||Sun 5:30 PM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||S|
|Kaohsiung||Sun 5:30 PM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||NNW|
|Taichung||Sun 5:30 PM||638 km||397 miles||345 nm||N|
|Taoyuan City||Sun 5:30 PM||723 km||449 miles||390 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.