Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 10:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 10:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.87 meters/second, 1533.1 km/hour, 952.7 miles/hour or 827.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.0"||952.37 mi||West||0° 04' 39.6"||5.34 mi||North||952.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 02.4"||755.37 mi||East||1° 27' 12.0"||99.96 mi||North||758.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wanon Niwat||Sun 5:40 PM||137 km||85 miles||74 nm||SW|
|Sakon Nakhon||Sun 5:40 PM||162 km||101 miles||88 nm||SSW|
|Xam Neua||Sun 5:40 PM||214 km||133 miles||116 nm||NNW|
|Savannakhet||Sun 5:40 PM||221 km||137 miles||119 nm||S|
|Vientiane||Sun 5:40 PM||223 km||139 miles||120 nm||WSW|
|Udon Thani||Sun 5:40 PM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||WSW|
|Luang Prabang||Sun 5:40 PM||300 km||187 miles||162 nm||WNW|
|Khon Kaen||Sun 5:40 PM||302 km||188 miles||163 nm||SW|
|Hanoi||Sun 5:40 PM||303 km||188 miles||164 nm||NNE|
|Hai Phong||Sun 5:40 PM||334 km||208 miles||180 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.