Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 12:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 12:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.49 meters/second, 1531.8 km/hour, 951.8 miles/hour or 827.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.4"||951.51 mi||West||0° 04' 29.5"||5.15 mi||North||951.31 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 36.0"||755.32 mi||East||1° 23' 00.3"||95.16 mi||North||758.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Latur||Sun 6:06 PM||34 km||21 miles||18 nm||S|
|Parbhani||Sun 6:06 PM||66 km||41 miles||36 nm||NNE|
|Osmanabad||Sun 6:06 PM||78 km||49 miles||42 nm||SW|
|Beed||Sun 6:06 PM||89 km||55 miles||48 nm||WNW|
|Nanded||Sun 6:06 PM||91 km||56 miles||49 nm||ENE|
|Hingoli||Sun 6:06 PM||128 km||80 miles||69 nm||NNE|
|Lonar||Sun 6:06 PM||142 km||88 miles||76 nm||N|
|Jalna||Sun 6:06 PM||144 km||89 miles||78 nm||NNW|
|Nizamabad||Sun 6:06 PM||164 km||102 miles||89 nm||E|
|Aurangabad||Sun 6:06 PM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.