Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 2:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 14:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.16 meters/second, 1530.6 km/hour, 951.0 miles/hour or 826.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||North||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 18.1"||950.76 mi||West||0° 04' 20.2"||4.97 mi||North||950.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 05.3"||755.28 mi||East||1° 19' 13.7"||90.83 mi||North||757.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salalah||Sun 6:20 PM||352 km||218 miles||190 nm||SE|
|Al Mukalla||Sun 5:20 PM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||SSW|
|Abu Dhabi||Sun 6:20 PM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||NNE|
|Doha||Sun 5:20 PM||714 km||444 miles||386 nm||N|
|Hadibu||Sun 5:20 PM||741 km||460 miles||400 nm||SSE|
|Hofuf||Sun 5:20 PM||749 km||466 miles||405 nm||NNW|
|Al Khor||Sun 5:20 PM||759 km||471 miles||410 nm||N|
|Nizwa||Sun 6:20 PM||785 km||488 miles||424 nm||NE|
|Riyadh||Sun 5:20 PM||803 km||499 miles||433 nm||NW|
|Riffa||Sun 5:20 PM||812 km||505 miles||439 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.