Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 2:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 14:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.12 meters/second, 1530.4 km/hour, 951.0 miles/hour or 826.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||North||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 17.9"||950.69 mi||West||0° 04' 19.3"||4.96 mi||North||950.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 08.1"||755.28 mi||East||1° 18' 51.8"||90.41 mi||North||757.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Al Mukalla||Sun 5:30 PM||477 km||297 miles||258 nm||S|
|Salalah||Sun 6:30 PM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||ESE|
|Sana||Sun 5:30 PM||635 km||395 miles||343 nm||SW|
|Khamis Mushait||Sun 5:30 PM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||W|
|Riyadh||Sun 5:30 PM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||NNW|
|Doha||Sun 5:30 PM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||NNE|
|Al Hudaydah||Sun 5:30 PM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||SW|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Sun 5:30 PM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||NNE|
|Ta'izz||Sun 5:30 PM||787 km||489 miles||425 nm||SW|
|Aden||Sun 5:30 PM||791 km||492 miles||427 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.