Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 6:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 18:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.39 meters/second, 1527.8 km/hour, 949.3 miles/hour or 824.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||North||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 15.0"||949.04 mi||West||0° 03' 58.0"||4.55 mi||North||948.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 13.8"||755.21 mi||East||1° 10' 05.3"||80.35 mi||North||756.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Sun 6:30 PM||250 km||156 miles||135 nm||WSW|
|Timbuktu||Sun 6:30 PM||699 km||434 miles||377 nm||ESE|
|Bamako||Sun 6:30 PM||727 km||452 miles||393 nm||S|
|Nouakchott||Sun 6:30 PM||732 km||455 miles||395 nm||W|
|Rosso||Sun 6:30 PM||764 km||475 miles||413 nm||WSW|
|Tambacounda||Sun 6:30 PM||765 km||476 miles||413 nm||SW|
|Koutiala||Sun 6:30 PM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||SSE|
|Nouadhibou||Sun 6:30 PM||851 km||529 miles||460 nm||WNW|
|Touba||Sun 6:30 PM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||WSW|
|Dakhla||Sun 6:30 PM||868 km||539 miles||469 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.