Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 20:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.01 meters/second, 1526.5 kilometres/hour, 948.5 miles/hour or 824.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.3"||948.20 mi||West||0° 03' 46.3"||4.33 mi||North||948.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 48.1"||755.18 mi||East||1° 05' 18.4"||74.87 mi||North||756.35 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Sun 7:40 PM||1880 km||1168 miles||1015 nm||ESE|
|Cayenne||Sun 5:40 PM||2034 km||1264 miles||1098 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Sun 4:40 PM||2144 km||1332 miles||1158 nm||WSW|
|Paramaribo||Sun 5:40 PM||2170 km||1348 miles||1172 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 4:40 PM||2240 km||1392 miles||1209 nm||W|
|Castries||Sun 4:40 PM||2251 km||1399 miles||1215 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sun 4:40 PM||2253 km||1400 miles||1216 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 4:40 PM||2259 km||1404 miles||1220 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 4:40 PM||2271 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Sun 4:40 PM||2305 km||1432 miles||1245 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.