Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 20:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 20:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.01 meters/second, 1526.4 km/hour, 948.5 miles/hour or 824.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.81 mi||west||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||north||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.2"||948.26 mi||west||0° 03' 46.3"||4.32 mi||north||948.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 48.3"||755.24 mi||east||1° 05' 15.8"||74.83 mi||north||756.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Sun 7:40 PM||1907 km||1185 miles||1030 nm||ESE|
|Cayenne||Sun 5:40 PM||2016 km||1253 miles||1088 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Sun 4:40 PM||2117 km||1315 miles||1143 nm||WSW|
|Paramaribo||Sun 5:40 PM||2149 km||1335 miles||1160 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 4:40 PM||2212 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||W|
|Castries||Sun 4:40 PM||2222 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sun 4:40 PM||2224 km||1382 miles||1201 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 4:40 PM||2232 km||1387 miles||1205 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 4:40 PM||2242 km||1393 miles||1211 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Sun 4:40 PM||2278 km||1415 miles||1230 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.