Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 20:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.99 meters/second, 1526.4 kilometres/hour, 948.4 miles/hour or 824.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.1"||948.14 mi||West||0° 03' 45.4"||4.31 mi||North||947.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 50.6"||755.18 mi||East||1° 04' 56.3"||74.45 mi||North||756.32 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Sun 5:50 PM||1882 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||SSW|
|Bridgetown||Sun 4:50 PM||1901 km||1181 miles||1027 nm||WSW|
|Paramaribo||Sun 5:50 PM||1988 km||1235 miles||1073 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 4:50 PM||1991 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sun 4:50 PM||2001 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||W|
|Castries||Sun 4:50 PM||2003 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 4:50 PM||2005 km||1246 miles||1083 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 4:50 PM||2018 km||1254 miles||1090 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Sun 4:50 PM||2060 km||1280 miles||1112 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 4:50 PM||2094 km||1301 miles||1131 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.