Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 21:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 21:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.90 meters/second, 1526.0 km/hour, 948.2 miles/hour or 824.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.80 mi||west||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||north||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.9"||947.94 mi||west||0° 03' 42.6"||4.26 mi||north||947.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 58.6"||755.18 mi||east||1° 03' 47.3"||73.13 mi||north||756.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Sun 5:20 PM||1188 km||738 miles||642 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 5:20 PM||1220 km||758 miles||659 nm||W|
|Roseau||Sun 5:20 PM||1234 km||767 miles||667 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 5:20 PM||1236 km||768 miles||667 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 5:20 PM||1242 km||772 miles||671 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sun 5:20 PM||1258 km||782 miles||679 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 5:20 PM||1306 km||811 miles||705 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Sun 5:20 PM||1329 km||826 miles||718 nm||WSW|
|Saint George's||Sun 5:20 PM||1444 km||898 miles||780 nm||WSW|
|Port of Spain||Sun 5:20 PM||1518 km||944 miles||820 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.