Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 9:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 21:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.87 meters/second, 1525.9 kilometres/hour, 948.2 miles/hour or 823.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||North||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.6"||947.88 mi||West||0° 03' 41.8"||4.24 mi||North||947.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 01.0"||755.18 mi||East||1° 03' 27.7"||72.76 mi||North||756.20 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Sun 5:30 PM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||W|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Sun 5:30 PM||997 km||620 miles||539 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 5:30 PM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Sun 5:30 PM||1010 km||628 miles||546 nm||SW|
|Roseau||Sun 5:30 PM||1026 km||637 miles||554 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 5:30 PM||1027 km||638 miles||554 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 5:30 PM||1033 km||642 miles||558 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sun 5:30 PM||1062 km||660 miles||573 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 5:30 PM||1083 km||673 miles||585 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Sun 5:30 PM||1139 km||707 miles||615 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.