Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 10:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 22:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.71 meters/second, 1525.4 kilometres/hour, 947.8 miles/hour or 823.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||North||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 11.9"||947.51 mi||West||0° 03' 36.4"||4.14 mi||North||947.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 16.1"||755.17 mi||East||1° 01' 14.6"||70.21 mi||North||756.03 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mayagüez||Sun 6:30 PM||131 km||81 miles||71 nm||S|
|Punta Cana||Sun 6:30 PM||153 km||95 miles||83 nm||SW|
|San Juan||Sun 6:30 PM||154 km||95 miles||83 nm||SE|
|Ponce||Sun 6:30 PM||164 km||102 miles||89 nm||SSE|
|Caguas||Sun 6:30 PM||178 km||110 miles||96 nm||SE|
|Guayama||Sun 6:30 PM||194 km||120 miles||105 nm||SE|
|Arroyo||Sun 6:30 PM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||SE|
|La Romana||Sun 6:30 PM||213 km||133 miles||115 nm||WSW|
|Charlotte Amalie||Sun 6:30 PM||266 km||166 miles||144 nm||ESE|
|Cruz Bay||Sun 6:30 PM||280 km||174 miles||151 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.